- Produce well-designed, easily maintainable, well-documented code and robust API solutions that balance beauty and pragmatism.
- Create success both independently and collaboratively with another backend, web, iOS & SRE engineer.
- Design, build and deploy the core backend service in Scala and Spring Boot.
- Optimize MySQL database.
- Collaborate with web and iOS engineers to develop features with a great user experience.
- Participate in designing our future systems, such as our service-oriented architecture.
- Improve engineering standards, tools, and processes.
- Implement automation opportunities to drive down redundancy and reduce technical debt.
- Think long-term and build foundations for design systems.
- Improve engineering standards, tools, and processes, such as CI/CD.
- Mentor engineers earlier in their technical careers to help them grow.
- Help maintain a scalable infrastructure that achieves intended outcomes regarding speed, security, stability, testing, costs.
- Have experience leading or overseeing large projects from start to finish.
- Ability to build and maintain applications at scale (e.g. backend APIs serve 10 million or more DAUs).
- Are passionate about improving education.
- Have a strong desire to perform and grow as an engineer.
Nice to haves:
- Have familiarity with Google Cloud Platform.
- Have familiarity with any of the following programming languages: Scala, Ruby, Python, or Java.
Tech tack: iOS, Angular, GCP, Firebase, MySQL, Scala, Kubernetes.