The company manufactures 3D printers and related hardware. It operates worldwide (with over 2,000 employees, over 1,200 patents globally, and more than 30 awards for technology and leadership) and is changing millions of lives with the power of innovation.
Over the past few years, our hardware and software engineers have expanded the functionality of our printers to include the kind of accessibility and control that people have come to expect in an always-on, cloud-connected world. They make that possible. Your work will have an enormous impact on our users.
We’re looking for a DevOps Engineer to help us run and improve our web and cloud platforms so we can provide the best, most user-friendly, 3D printing experience. If you like to make things secure, efficient, and automated – and want to work with the latest in distributed computing and cloud technology – this role is for you.
- Maintain current infrastructure.
- Collaborating with other teams across the company to help standardize our IT culture.
- Monitor services to maintain uptime.
- Work with developers to help optimize the performance of our web apps/services.
- Be on-call to troubleshoot problems with developers to mitigate issues and maintain uptime.
- Streamlining processes using automation with scripting languages such as bash, python, etc.
- Plan ways to improve the infrastructure, implement and own those plans.
- Build and develop deployment pipelines, currently using harness for this.
- Working with vendors to consistently improve the way we leverage their systems.
- 3+ years of experience in a DevOps role or equivalent.
- Experience with Amazon Web Services (AWS) – Specifically: S3, IAM, Lambda.
- Experience with Google Cloud Services – Specifically: Google Compute Engine, Google Kubernetes Engine, Google Networking, IAM, Identity Aware Proxy, Stackdriver.
- Running production workloads with Docker.
- Understanding of monitoring and how to develop SLAs and SLOs.
- Proficient with configuration management tools Ansible and Terraform.
- Using CI/CD solutions Jenkins / CircleCi / Harness.
- Experience building cloud-based networks for cloud services.
- 2+ years of Kubernetes deployments using CI/CD platforms.
Monitoring Kubernetes with Prometheus and datadog-like services.
- Experience with centralized logging and automation of alerting.
- Ability to troubleshoot scaling issues and point out the bottlenecks and how to fix them.
- Experience with Serverless architectures and deployment strategies.
- IoT architecture and development.
- 12 Factor App development experience.
- Working with SaaS vendors (Magento, JIRA, Salesforce).
- Data warehousing.
- PHP/Node.JS/Ruby/GoLang Development.
- Domain Registrars.
- Windows PowerShell.
- SOX Compliance.
- PCI Compliance.
- Open Source Software development.
- Event-driven architecture development.
- 3D printing experience (you’ll be surrounded by rows and rows of 3D printers all day that you can make stuff on all the time), or just love Making Things and sharing them.
- Working with a distributed and mostly remote team, using Slack, Google Hangouts, and Zoom.
Other things we do:
- Training Opportunities: Is there a conference or training you’d like to attend? A book you want to buy? We can make that happen!
- Quarterly team outings: We carve out time to have fun on company time! Events in the past have included: catching a film and grabbing lunch at the nearby Alamo Drafthouse; playing games, sipping beers, slamming snacks at Barcade, and exploring good eats in Brooklyn on a local food tour. We are always open to suggestions!
Sometimes, it’s the little things:
- Snacks and seltzer. Fruit, yogurt, nuts, granola bars, chips, cereal… It’s like bringing your pantry to work.
- A ping-pong and pool table, if you’re into that sort of thing. And the healthy intra-office competition to go with it.
- Twice weekly on-site, after-work yoga.
- Access to 3D printers, of course. But also helpful people who love sharing their knowledge and expertise to help and teach you how to use them.
- Monthly birthday celebrations are complete with cupcakes, brownies, and some ridiculously delicious pudding cups.
This role can be on-site located in our Brooklyn office, fully remote, or a hybrid solution. The compensation package includes health, dental, vision benefits, pre-tax benefits for transit, 401K matching, and three weeks of vacation.
This is a great opportunity to make a big impact in a unique industry working with amazing people.
At FullStackRemote, we require that you go through a short coding assessment prior to our interview process. The test will take less than 2 hours. To start the test process, go here – https://c.xor.ai/937551.