Our client has taken on the challenge of modernizing the 30 year mainframe technology and bringing it into the cloud. Tools that provide automation, speed, and precision are essential to modernization. The immediate focus is COBOL modernization with the long term vision being creating a fully modernized platform over time.
This role gives you an opportunity to work with a funded US based startup with a development team in India. Together, you will be creating disruptive technology that will shape the face of the future of mainframe into the cloud.
Looking for someone with strong fundamentals of programming, including string manipulation, who is willing to learn parts of the mainframe in order to have a smooth transition to the cloud.
Looking for a Java Developer with 3-5 years experience who will plan, design, and develop technical solutions to meet product requirements.
Role & Responsibilities
- Accountable for full software development life cycle, including creating high-quality requirements documents, use-cases, design, and other technical artifacts, including but not limited to detailed test strategy/test design, performance benchmarking, release rollout and deployment plans, contingency/back-out plans, feasibility study, cost and time analysis, and detailed estimates.
- Perform system maintenance, customer incident problem management, identification of root cause, remediation of the problems, and on-call pager support schedule. Select appropriate technical frameworks and solution delivery methodology.
- Participate in PoCs (Proof of Concept).
- Follow and promote Quality Assurance processes. Mentor other guide other team members and be prominent of quality first maxim.
- Provide system support, including on-call rotation, troubleshooting, and resolving complex issues.
- At least 3+ years of Java development experience.
- Open system development skills include Java, Spring, Spring Boot, Spring Batch, and other Spring-related technologies, Antlr, Rest, JSON, Junit, Maven, and Gradle.
- Knowledge of Docker, Kubernetes, Microservices, and relation DB’s are a plus.
- Contribution to open-source projects is a big plus.
- Knowledge of mainframe development environment is a big plus.
- Experience with DevOps, CI/CD, and/ or Agile are a plus.
- Test-driven development mindset.
- A continuous learner, forward-thinking, and open to new processes and technologies
- Looking for someone who is willing to take ownership of the product and be a team player
- Ability to support clients with technical support issues as needed
Bangalore – India (remote/hybrid in India ok)
The headquarters is in the US but you will be a key part of the development team in India. There is an office in Bangalore that will be the India HQ and you may be asked to work in Bangalore. Remote or hybrid during the interim as the team scales.
A rewarding culture of innovation, execution speed, respect, and positivity. Good working conditions and competitive pay. Supplemental benefits to all eligible employees including:
- Paid time off
- Comprehensive Health Insurance
- Disability Benefits
- Employee Assistance Program.
How to Apply
To apply, please go here.