We are looking for a Software Engineer to join our team to maintain and contribute to developing our highest-profile client applications. You’ll be getting in at the ground up, providing an opportunity to contribute to software that serves the global church.
You will be a part of the new Canadian team, focused on refactoring and maintaining two legacy web apps on PHP/WordPress and Angular into new modern web app(s). You will be instrumental in architecting and implementing these platforms. We are looking for someone with experience with open-source technologies such as Linux, Node.JS, and containerization with a strong background in Vue or Angular frameworks.
You will work closely with other product teams, especially the Core Services team, to convert user stories into tangible customer value. These involve understanding customers’ needs and using data to craft solutions.
The Organization is a global non-profit organization that serves and equips the local church in its mission to help people discover and develop a relationship with God.
- Plan, develop, and deploy new features with the product team.
- Actively engaged in improving our legacy software through refactoring and tests
Contributing to discovery, requirements gathering, and agile ceremonies to better improve the ways we deliver software in a timely and effective fashion.
- Reducing the impact of legacy software on existing and new systems.
- Improving code coverage and balancing technical debt. Technical debt is a reality in projects and the right candidate will have the experience to know when to take on technical debt and ensure through the process the team keeps it to a healthy minimum.
- Actively participates in code reviews – and is willing to work in pair coding when more appropriate.
- Collaborating with the Core Services team to ensure product work is aligned.
- At least 3 years of hands-on, professional development experience, ideally in an enterprise environment or on software at scale.
- You live and can work in Canada, in a full-time remote position.
- Experience with enterprise software and the needs of software at scale.
- An understanding of working from the database to the browser. We don’t expect you to be an expert in everything but should command strong knowledge of the browser client, work with APIs and modern SPA frameworks.
- Comfortable with the command line.
- Strong, demonstrable understanding of PHP and Angular with preference given to those that have a strong front-end leaning.
- Demonstrable understanding of Node.JS and its runtime.
- Willingness to learn more – including new languages if a project requires it.
- Experience with Linux and related tooling.
- Containerization, ideally with Docker.
- An understanding of Agile software craftmanship and Scrum.
- Focus on writing maintainable, clean code and can back up that statement with useful unit and integration tests.
- You can solve problems independently and feel comfortable explaining solutions to other developers – before you touch a keyboard.
- Collaborative: Confident in working collaboratively. You understand the need for defined standards and practices and have no problem adhering to them, working with the team to achieve success.
- Process-driven: You understand how important a process is to a software team. You’re committed to ensuring your team understands and follow those processes such as code review, scrum, ticket management, etc.
Desirable Skills, Knowledge, and Experience
- Exposure to BDD and/or DDD
- Flexible work environment, work remotely.
- Supportive, diverse, faith-filled work environment.
- Work that really makes a difference.
- A competitive benefits and salary package.
- Yearly personal development budget (courses, seminars, workshops, etc).
- The tools you need to get your job done well.
- Mon-Fri: standard hours 9.00 am to 5.00 pm 8 hours per day with flexi-time.
- 3 weeks annual leave per annum.
- 3-month probationary period.
- Have access to an office space remotely with a good internet connection.
- Actively participate in team prayer.
At FullStackRemote, we require that you go through a short coding assessment prior to our interview process. The test will take less than 2 hours. To start the test process, go here.